This year we will be going to Gardom Lake for a school wide retreat. The Grade 12s will leaving at noon on September 30th. The rest of the school will join the Grade 12s on October 1st for a day of team & culture building activities!
Students were give a permission slip today in A Block. If one didn’t make home today, click on the link below for a copy (the 2nd page). Forms need to be in by Thursday.
gardom lake 2019 permission slip
Below is an overview of happenings at ERS this week:
- Talk to Mr. Taber if you are interested in playing volleyball this year.
- FLEX (for Grade 9-12s) starts on Tuesday. Be to sure sign up for this and next week before lunch on Tuesday.
- Tuesday – Jazz Band starts at 8 am & Wednesday – AM Fitness (8 am) and Leadership (lunch time) begin.
- Every Wednesday — pizza lunch – $2 for slice of pizza (first come, first serve) – served out of the cafeteria.
- Friday – Leadership ‘free’ Breakfast
- Get your ERS Clothing Orders into the office by this Friday. We have lots of samples for you to try on.
- Please remember to do your permission slips on line (Parent Connect).
- If you would like a CAFE card for our cafeteria, you can buy one from Kim in the office. You can pre-load it with any dollar value that you’d like. The only restriction is that the cards cannot be used on pizza day.On the Horizon – Picture Day (September 30th) & Gardom Lake Retreat (September 30th-October 1st — more details to come out next week).
Please click below to get a list of forms that need to completed for the 2019-2020 school year by parents and students. Students will also need to go onto Student Connect to complete their responsibilities. This includes the ever popular WIFI consent!
ERS Permissions Form 2019 w Frequencies
Our school clothing order form is now available…please see below. Samples will be in the office for the school start up. All orders need to be paid in full before the order is processed.
Eagle River Secondary School Order Form SEPT 2019 – SCHOOL VERSION
Good afternoon everyone,
I would like take the time to welcome you all back to another year of school at Eagle River Secondary. It has been a pleasure seeing students and parents in the community this week as they gear up for a new year.
In terms of logistics, here are few things that may be of interest to you:
- Tuesday, August 27th – new student registration in the office (please bring your birth certificate, care card, recent report card/transcript, proof of residency and current applicable legal documents).
- Thursday, August 29th – Grade 7 Orientation (9:30 am to 12 pm) – sorry parents, this is a ‘kids only’ event.
- Tuesday, September 3rd – First day of school (9:15 am start) – this will be a half day
If you have any questions, feel free to call (250-836-2831) or drop by the school for more information.
Be sure to ensure the last few day of summer!